Manzoor Massey, Ph.D. Special Program Director
Counselor and Medical Sociology
Mr. Massey comes from a strong and diversified background in the health education industry. He spent 17 years directing the Health Education and Public Relations Services for the Riverside County Departments of Public and Mental Health. His primary responsibilities included oversight of alcohol and drug abuse prevention education programs at various schools, community centers and drug violator programs. He was critical in the designing, developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating clinical, school and community-based health education intervention programs. His expertise aided in the recruitment, training, role delineation, placement, supervision and evaluation of key staff at the Doctoral, Master and Bachelor levels. Mr. Massey created and refined programs for the community through a needs assessments program which resulted in him establishing many priorities including the development of educational and other community resources. He was integral in the creation of budgets, grants, contracts, target specific intervention models, education strategies as well as creating teaching materials for multi-ethnic special populations. While working at the Riverside County Department of Health, Mr. Massey was part of the Health Services Agency which consisted over 2,500 employees and a budget in excess of $250 million. This agency included Riverside General Hospital and Medical Center which is renowned as a major teaching hospital as well as ten community health centers delivering Primary Health Care services for a variety of medical conditions including addiction intervention and treatment.
Mr. Massey was also the Director of the Wound Care and Advanced Hyperbaric Medicine Center at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Bakersfield, California where he managed all aspects of the Comprehensive Wound Care and Advanced Hyperbaric Medicine Center.
Mr. Manzoor’s Academic Appointments include:
· Adjunct Associate Clinical Research Professor, California State University, Bakersfield.
· Adjunct Professor, Chapman University, Orange, California.
· Adjunct Associate Clinical Professor, Lorna Linda University, School of Public Health. Loma Linda, California.
· Adjunct Professor, La Sierra University, Riverside, California.
Mr. Manzoor’s Professional Appointments include:
· Member, Diabetes Coalition of California, California State Department of Health Services, Chronic Disease Branch.
· Treasurer, Diabetes Coalition of California, California State Department of Health Services, Chronic Disease Branch.
· Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Kern County.
· Member, Statewide Community Planning Group for HIV Prevention, California State Department of Health Services, Office of AIDS Education and Prevention.
· Co-Chair, Professional Education Committee, Statewide Diabetes Prevention and Control Coalition, California State Department of Health Services, Chronic Disease Branch.
· Member, Los Angeles Community Foundation Advisory Council.
· Member, State Environmental Health Committee, California Conference of Local Health Officers.
· Member, State Administrative Practices Committee, California Conference of Local Health Officers.
· Member, State Recodification Task Force. California Conference of Local Health Officers.
· President, American Heart Association Board, Riverside, California.
· President-Elect, American Heart Association Board, Riverside, California.
· Member, Governing Board, Southern California Public Health Assn. Chairman, Nominations Committee, Southern California Public Health Association.
· Member, Steering Committee, Planning Future of Public Health for 1990′s conference.
· Chairman, Media Campaign for “Strategic Positioning of Public Health in California,” California Public Health Foundation, San Francisco.
· Member, Task Force for the Enhancement of Self-Esteem, Riverside County.
· Member, Emergency Medical and Disaster Preparedness Committee of California Conference of Local Health Officers.
· Member, Governing Board, American Heart Association, Riverside, California.
· Chairman, Health Education Advisory Committee, Lorna Linda University, School of Public Health, Department of Health Promotion.
· Member, Governing Board, California Conference of Local Health Officers.
· President, California Conference of Local Directors of Health Education.
· Chairman, “Education and Training Sub-Committee,” State Rural Health Advisory Committee of California Conference of Local Health Officers.
· Member, State Medi-Cal and Finance Advisory Committee of California Conference of Local Health Officers.
· Member, State Environmental Health Advisory Committee of CCLHO.
· Member, Governing Board, Southern California Public Health Association.
· Chairman, Health Education Section of Southern California Public Health Association.
· Chairman, Annual Conference of Southern California Public Health Association.
· Chairman, Health Education Committee, Inland Counties Health Systems Agency.
· President, Alumni Association, Loma Linda University, School of Public Health.
Virginia Chavez, M.A., Director of Counseling
Ms. Chavez worked as an intern counselor for both Riverside Community College in Norco, California as well as the Moreno Valley Unified School District in Moreno Valley, California. While at RCC, she was the primary facilitator working very closely disadvantaged minority students in the Upward Bound Program at various local high school campuses. He responsibilities not only included counseling, but also academic instruction and career counseling.
At MVUSD, Ms. Chavez primarily facilitated both individual and group counseling for high school and middle school students on their personal, social, and academic issues. Additionally, she worked very closely with problematic students and their individual situations.
Ms. Chavez is now a very accomplished bilingual counselor. She is very patient and understanding and has great communication skills.
Joseph Allan Pipkin, B.A., C.A.T.C., Certification #091971 Counselor
Joseph Pipkin graduated Magna Cum Laude with distinction in psychology from San Diego State University. Graduating in the top of his class receiving the Faculty Outstanding Graduate Student AwardMr. Pipkin received his Certified Addiction Treatment Counseling license, June 2009, graduating from Imperial Valley College receiving the Alcohol and Drug Studies Annual Student Award. Currently, Mr. Pipkin is attending California State University San Bernardino Master of Arts program, specifically for experimental psychology.As an undergraduate, Mr. Pipkin focused on preclinical research pertaining to addiction. His last year as an undergraduate his research primarily focused on investigating the effects of chronic ethanol exposure on lipid composition of biological tissues in selectively bred alcohol-preferring (P) rat. Mr. Pipkin is currently investigating the physiological effects of drug abuse, specifically early methylphenidate exposure on cocaine-seeking behavior.
Mary Lou Torrez, CDAAC - Counselor
Certified Drug, Alcohol & Addiction Counselor
Domestic Violence Instructor
Anger Management Instructor
Ordained Pastor/ minister
Association of Christian Alcohol & Drug Counseling Institute &
Living Word Institute
Linda J. Hernandez, Director of Youth Services
Jan 07 thru Present: Fresh Start Ministries and Community Services, Ontario and Upland, CA
Position - Director of Youth Services - Assistant legal - Immigration Consultant -
Office Assistant helps run the front and back office
Duties - Prepare agenda’s, organize projects, lead out in the monthly
meetings, lead out in Volunteer work, mentor youth and adults, assist with
academic mentoring and tutoring.Knowledgeable of the MS Office suite, I am
computer literate, data entry, form design, prepare letters and fliers for
promotions and invitations, etc. Perform leadership skills and help in the
environmental prevention programs for all youth activities. I perform intakes
for legal services and help in the interview process.
Miscellaneous Information: I enjoy working with people and continuing my education in the medical and legal fields I am friendly,outgoing and respectful to others. I enjoy volunteering, sports, working around the house and mentoring youth
Presently Attending School of Nursing Ontario, CA
Certified Immigration Paralegal - Inland Valley University of Law Upland, CA
Certified May 4, 2012 BPPVE # 3604101
High School Graduate Upland, CA
2010 - Graduated 2012
Certificate of Appreciation:
Sheriff Baca Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Los Angeles, CA
Certificate of Appreciation:
Fresh Start Ministries and Community Services, Inc. Ontario, CA
Friday Night Live Club San Bernardino County FNL Partnership Department of Public Health.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Program.Computer literate - Office suite - Type 30-40 wpm Foreign language - spanishHobbies - Music, sports, camping, Horsemanship, performing, photography and shopping
Robert Martinez, Director of Special Projects in Intervention/Prevention
Former probation officer with 25 years of experience working for the San Bernardino County Probation department, and since 2009 have been volunteering with Fresh Start Ministries as a Director of special projects in Intervention / Prevention. Some of my areas where working with troubled youth and adults, mentoring, individual and team presentations to parents and community members.
During my career I had the opportunity to work with law enforcement agencies, county and city agencies throughout the county. my experience in the juvenile and adult courts have given me a vast knowledge of how the criminal justice system works.
During my career, I was assigned to the gang intelligence special operations unit. My expertise is in the sub- cultural of gang behavior; plus I learned skills in intervention and prevention methodologies that I now present to at risk youth and their families during formal presentations.
California State University San Bernardino, criminal justice major.
Chaffey Community College, Sociology Major
State credential holder of instructor by the State of Commission of California
Latino Peace Officers Association
California Probation, Parole and Correctional Association
International Latino Gang Investigators Association
S.M.A.S.H. (San Bernardino County Movement against Street Hoodlums)
Court Certified Expert in Hispanic Gang Culture
Certified State California Standards Corrections Bureau as an Instructor / Trainer For San Bernardino County Probation
Draft Member of the Countywide Strategic Plan on Gangs 2005
Field Training Officer for San Bernardino County Probation
Blake Reinke, Education Specialist
Valuable hands -on experience in branch operations, accounts and asset mgmt, and increasing revenue. Recognized for exceeding objectives, developing territories, and obtaining a variety of profitable accounts Strong problem solving and trouble shooting ability along with team building and job training skills.Extensive know-how and capability in acquiring clients and building those relationships for over 15 years Practical and effective people skills and operational expertise in motivating and supervising personnel.
DeVry University (Confidential) Pomona/ Colton.CA 8/08 to Present Admissions Advisor
Perform recruiting, interviewing, and enrolling of prospective students for undergraduate education in technology, business and management in several educational programs on- site and on-line. PSR and Remedy/RemX Ontario/Riverside Branches, CA 2/2006 to 7/08 Accounts Manager Gained new accounts and performed account management. Involved in recruiting and staffing of accounting and financial executives as well as other technical personnel. This is accomplished through direct sourcing, Internet mining and creative networking. I also develop recruiting and service contracts with a variety of well-known businesses and recognized organizations. Meet with clients, build relationships and produce multiple orders. Work closely with the Regional Sales Manager, developing, visiting and supervising several accounts. I contribute greatly to the success of our branch adding many national and familiar named clients, especially in healthcare.
ETS Pulliam LLC Redlands, CA Accounts Manager
As an Account Manager, provided training and support to School Districts and school personnel across the United States. I taught school educators to utilize specialized web-based software to generate data & reports from student enrollment and to increase student performance in light of Federal No Child Left Behind Legislation. Interfaced with a variety of people such as District Personnel, School Principals, etc. to promote a highly innovative program of improving instruction and overall school performance in light of state proficiency tests. A large company purchased and positions were consolidated.
Meganet Corporation World Trade Center L.A., CA Sales Manager
As Sales Manager, presented and sold highly advanced hardware products and encryption services to the federal government. I developed and trained sales people and Reps to effectively present these products. I hold a Government clearance. Dealt with the Dept. of Defense, including the military and intelligence agencies. I constructed a major Gov’t Contract and other business increasing yearly sales by approximately 20 percent. Hands on experience at coordinating several projects, business development, making customer presentations, and obtaining orders and managing several accounts.
American Assn. of Manufacturers L.A. Office Director of Sales
Responsible for the Western Region representing a group of innovative manufacturing companies. These off shore factories manufactured and distributed large volumes of specialty and recreational products in the United States. I helped significantly increase sales by 20% and achieved national recognition for specific products. Managed and supervised Rep.'s and agents and made presentations to major retail chain stores. Started and developed several new profitable accounts of all sizes. Developed business plans and implemented to achieve company goals. I was involved in launching several new products. Heavily involved in coordinating sales and participating in large trade show events.
Altinex, Inc. Brea, CA. Reg. Sales Manager & National Gov’t Account Executive
A leading manufacturer of high tech computer hardware including: interfaces, switchers and sophisticated electronics for computer presentations. A major customer was the Federal Gov't. I was the National Gov’t Account Executive for the company. Achieved a special CTS technical certification. Managed 11 eastern states, and achieved company Sales Person of the Year, exceeding revenue goals by $500,000. Promoted to Western Regional Manager covering 11 western states. Obtained several major accounts including: NASA, Sprint, Sony, Boeing, Lockheed and General Motors.
Additional Professional Experiences :
Fresh Start Ministries and Community Services, Inc. Admin/ Accounting Support Ontario, CA / 91762
This non- profit organization works with youth and young adults throughout the Inland Empire and sponsored by State agencies and supported by local mayors and county superintendents. I am involved in the State mentoring program, developing educational programs and administrative support of this organization.
Wells Fargo Armored Service Corp. La Habra, CA. L.A. Regional Branch Manager
Managed the largest Armored ATM servicing Branch in the nation and received company award for one of the most profitable branches. Planned, developed and executed armored car service for all California branches of several commercial banks and 7-11 Stores. In charge of L.A. Regional Branch and $20 million dollar cash vault servicing nearly 500 ATM's; average daily cash shipments ranged from $5 to $10
Biola University Graduate School, Education, emphasis in Admin. Management
University of California at Long Beach, B.A. Business Management
Bernice Aranda, Director of Community Outreach
My ultimate goal is to continue my studies in Criminal Justice and to enhance my Administrative skills. I wish to maintain a professional relationship in a well organized environment. I anticipate a life‑long career in a community related career, which I hope to give the best service, to the community and my employer.
Prior to working with a local ministry as Outreach Director and working with Outreach program with the Mentoring program and Boy Scouts of America. I have held several positions most of my work has been in a management position including a local carwash and store setting. I have always been a people person and work well with others. I understand the needs of the community. I put my energy into helping others.
04/2007 – Present The Boy Scouts of America after school program
Position: Outreach Director, Part-time Volunteer.
Duties: After school activities in some of the local elementary schools working with other non-profits in the community including local city departments. Find new ways to facilitate and help in different situations in Scouting and work closely with the youth.
Present FRESH START MINISTRIES AND COMMUNITY SERVICES Ontario, CA
Position: Outreach Coordinator, Part-time Ontario Auto spa Manager
Duties: Marketing for ministry, Outreach in the community work with Parole office (PACT) program, liaison for housing, networking with other non-profits in the community including local city departments. Find new ways to facilitate help for the different situations in the ministry that will help cater to the community. Administrative duties, record-keeping, manage employees. Handel disputes and day to day operations work closely with owners. I am good with cost containment.
ONTARIO AUTO SPA Ontario, CA
Duties: All business Administrative duties, function of all operations.
PIC N SAVE Ontario, CA
Duties: Administrative and Public Relations duties.
CHAFFEY COLLEGE Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Criminal Justice two years
Chaffey High Graduated
Virginia Jauregui, Special Projects Director
JOBS Magazine - General Sales Manager 2000 to present
· Responsible for overall operation of Jobs Magazine 4 editions
· Sales Team productivity and revenue tracking
· Account Executive Hiring and Training
· Sales Goal Setting
· Developing Sales Strategy to Meet Monthly/Yearly Goals
· Payroll/commission reports
· Advertising Sales and Sales Presentations
· 2006 General Sales Manager of the Year Award
· Originated and presented project for new Web site creation and launch plan in partnership with careerbuilder.com
· Reorganized production department procedures which eliminated over-time hours by 98% as well as unnecessary paper work
· Created new spreadsheets which resulted in better control of advertising space availability and better coordination of premium position sales
· Shared new ideas for introductory special offers and sales contests which resulted in sales increase by 30% and a fun competitive environment among sales account executives
Realty World Rancho California Mortgage - Sales Agent June 2009 to present
· Outside Sales
· Inside Sales
· Document Review
· Data Entry
· Customer Service
Fresh Start Ministries and Community Services - Special Projects Director2007 – Present
· Administrative duties/ Revenue Reports, year-to-date reports, creating different types of reports as needed, for the non-profit organization payroll-commissions, office/clerical
· Coordinating calendar/meetings, meeting minutes
· Administer training of mentors and interview and match mentee’s.
· Make sure all programs are within ministry guidelines.
· Responsible for coordinating Mentoring outings and advocate between youth and parent.
· Accuracy of paperwork, proofreading, translating
LA Times Jobs Magazine
· Administrative duties/ Revenue Reports, year-to-date reports, creating different types of reports as needed, payroll-commissions, office/clerical
· Coordinating calendar/meetings, meeting minutes
· Assisting manager in the training process of new sales reps on office procedures.
· Coordinating special Edition Supplements, contests, and promotional/seasonal specials.
Responsible for coordinating pagination of Jobs Magazines (four Editions: LA-SFV-OC-IE)
· Assisting Sales reps in the process of placing ads, system entries, spec ads, billing issues, production issues, paper work
· Customer Service
· Accuracy of paperwork, proofreading, translating
For Rent Magazine
· Responsible for Coordinating pagination process - For Rent Magazine
· Administrative duties/ Revenue Reports, payroll/time-cards, competition reports, year-to-date reports, meeting minutes, office/clerical
· Translating (English/Spanish)
· Assisting staff with office procedures, paper work, production issues.
· Assisting manager in the training process of new reps on office procedures.
· Assisting manager with administrative reports/billing, AR issues.
· Responsible for the care and organization of the office. This included: Janitorial orders through Boise, postage,
Fed-ex.Oversaw all functions and cost savings measures.
· Employee of the Month award
· Promoted from Staff Assistant to Administrative Assistant after 3 months of employment
· Implemented new procedures for better work-flow and production accuracy
LA OPINION Newspaper
· Responsible for managing large advertising account base
· Placing, creating classified/display ads over the phone
· Translating (English/Spanish)
· Sales presentations and cold calling
· Customer Service
· Implemented new ideas for better training and customer service for outside clients as well as a better relationship between the departments within the company
· Exceeded sales goal by 200% on the fist month of employment
Employee of the month award
Summary of Skills
· Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Word Access
· Power Point
· Typing (45 wpm)
· Bilingual (English-Spanish)
· Ten Key
· Community Church Bible teacher
· Community Church Treasurer
· Fresh Start Ministries Special Projects Director and substitute teacher
Serveral more professionals on staff